Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC provides life-saving care to people fleeing conflict and natural disaster.
In one year alone, the IRC:
- Provided 16 million people with primary and reproductive health care
- Gave 3.3 million people access to clean drinking water and sanitation
- Vaccinated 364,000 children; helped 331,000 women deliver babies
- Cared for 11,000 sexual violence victims; mobilized 1.2 million people to lead prevention efforts in their communities.
- Helped resettle 10,900 newly arrived refugees in the United States; assisted 36,000 refugees, asylees and victims of human trafficking